There is a service fee charged by the Treasurer's Office for renewing online.
This fee is $0.79 and will be billed to your credit card.
You will need:
Your license number;
Your Social Security Number; and,
Your credit card
Because additional documents are required, you may not renew online at this time if:
Your name has changed.* An affidavit or copies of the legal documents changing your name are required.
You currently have disciplinary action against your license*
You have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that has not previously been reported to the Board*
* Additional documents are required for renewal. Please complete the paper application and send it to the Board office along with the required documents.
To renew online:
1. You will begin on a screen that requires you to type in your license number and the last four digits of your social security number and then click "renew".
2. Check the information on the screen to make sure it is your information. You may change your address on this screen.
3. Complete the entire application.
4. You must click "YES" on the certification statement to receive a license. This statement also includes verification of completion of continuing education requirements.
5. Click on the "Purchase" button only once.
6. Enter your credit card information on the State Treasurerís Office Secure Site
7. Click purchase only once. When your credit card is approved you will receive a receipt to print out for your records. Click on CONTINUE on the receipt form for the renewal process to be completed. This is a VERY IMPORTANT step as the renewal is not completed until this step is done.
8. Your license will be mailed to you and you should receive it within two (2) weeks.
9. You are ready to begin. Click on the BACK BUTTON and begin the renewal process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I donít have a computer or access to the Internet?
You may go to the local public library to use a computer with Internet access, or see if your employer will allow you to use the Internet on a computer at work. Or, you may send in the paper renewal form with a check or money order.
What if my credit card is not accepted?
You may use another credit card. If that one is not accepted, you may send in a paper renewal application along with a check or money order. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE RENEWAL PROCESS ONLINE. You must renew by sending in the paper application sent to you in the mail.
When will the online verification system show that I have renewed if I renew online?
The online verification system is updated three (3) times a day between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm. If you renew after 6:00 pm, you will see evidence of your renewal after 6:00 am the next day. We will make every effort to process the renewal information as quickly as possible.
When will I receive my license?
You should receive your license within two (2) weeks of submitting an online renewal form.
Is the site secure?
Yes the site is secure. The fees portion of the online renewal process is handled through the State Treasurerís Office e-pay system. Your information is secure. All applications submitted online are maintained in an archived file for future reference if needed.
What if I donít like the Internet?
You may renew by sending in the renewal application that will be sent to the address you have on file with the Board office. This year the renewal will be in the center of the news magazine. It will reach your address by the middle of October.
What if I forget my license number?
Visit the online verification area of the Boardís web site www.wvrnboard.com to look up your license number. Please do not call the office for your license number.
What if the information that shows on the screen isnít mine?
STOP!! Exit out of the renewal system and try again to make sure you used the correct information. If the information is still not yours, phone the Board office at 304-558-3596.